Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tagged...the world's longest tag!

I haven't posted for almost two weeks - I guess my life has been pretty boring lately! But - I saw that I was tagged by Casie... so here goes


If money, time, and babysitting were no object, where would you go and with who?


I think that I would go back to Finland - it was so beautiful there and I would love to spend more time there. I guess I would take Devon and the kids with me :)


When was the last time you cried?


I am like Casie- I cry all the time (just ask Devon). I cried last night in our Relief Society meeting.


5 things you were doing 10 years ago-1998


1. I was in my second year at BYU
2. I moved into the blue house - the greatest house at BYU
3. I worked my first summer of EFY
4. I fell in love with Devon
5. I went to Missouri right after Christmas to meet Devon's family - including his brother Chad, who had just gotten home from his mission - he says that I ruined his homecoming!


5 things you were doing 5 years ago-2003


1. Watching the Buckeyes beat Miami in the National Championship!! GO BUCKS!
2. I was huge and pregnant with twins!
3. I gave birth to Cayden and Hadley on March 1st
4. I tried to stay out of the way and keep our new babies quiet while Devon studied and took his first set of boards and started his third year of Optometry school.
5. I was pretty sleep deprived - the rest of that year is a blur...


5 things you were doing 1 year ago-2007


1. I found out I was pregnant - big surprise to us!
2. I went to Girl's camp - i was a few months pregnant, but we had a blast!
3. I found out that Casie was pregnant - and our due dates were three weeks apart - and we both were having boys!!
4. I went to a Phillips reunion - all my family was there! It was a blast!
5. I gave birth to Barrett Gray on Dec. 6


7 of your favorite hobbies


(all things I love to do - but I don't really get to do most of them these days)
1. making cards
2. running
3. blogging - a new fav
4. baking cookies - not such a healthy one but- I am trying to perfect a huge chocolate chip cookie - that is soft - especially around the edges - we'll see
5. playing with my kids - even more I love to listen to my kids and hear their conversations
6. playing games - rook, skipjack, and golf
7. being a mom


5 favorite foods


1. cheese sauce, chips, & salsa from El Charro
2. anything mexican
3. my mom's lasagna
4. hillbilly nachos from Downtown BBQ
5. the new black bean and chicken recipe from Casie - which I think she got from Jen :)


5 places you've been


1. Finland
2. Russia
3. Canada
4. Florida
5. Texas (my old home sweet home!)


5 favorite memories


I agree with Casie that this is a hard one - I have lots more than 5

1. my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary - we had a big reunion with all the aunts and uncles and cousins at Brighton camp in Utah
2. the night that Devon proposed
3. my wedding day - being with all of our family and friends
4. finding out that we were finally pregnant - and it was twins - Devon laughed all day long
5. The day Devon graduated from Optometry school
* 6 The births of my kids - not so much the birthing part- but getting to finally hold and snuggle with them


5 people you wish you could meet/see again:


1. My Grandma Rosa - she died when I was 13 and I wish I could talk to her now as a grown-up
2. My Grandpa Phillips - he died when my dad was 12 - so I never knew him at all
3. My Grandpa Ensign - he lost his thinking powers towards the end of his life - but I can remember him telling stories and jokes when I was little and I would love to hear them again.
4. My Grandma Ensign - when I was at BYU she was my home away from home - she cooked for us and tended to our every need - she was the greatest.
5. I guess any other ancestors - I would love to know what their lives were like - and what advice they could give me.


Ok - that was really long - but fun to remember - I tag: Kortney, Heather, Maren, Sharon, and Amy S.

2 friends wanted to say...:

On Our List said...

Fun Fun!!! What are hillbilly nachos? Just wondering. It was fun to read your answers. By the way Kristy has a blog too but she is too shy to post a comment on your blog because(in her words) "They probably don't remember who I am." Just come to my site and it will link you to her blog so you can tell her you remember who she is.

Love,
Sharon

Jen said...

I couldn't imagine having any other person ruin my homecoming. You're the best!! Chad