Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

I am actually really proud of myself that I am getting Easter pictures up the day after Easter - instead of next week! We had a fun Easter- celebrated over several days! The twins had an Easter egg hunt at their school on Wednesday - and since I am "mother of the year" - I forgot my camera! It was flooding outside - so they had their hunt inside - which made hiding the eggs a little more challenging for their teacher... Each kid got 25 eggs - that was a lot of candy to bring home between the two of them - 50 eggs!?!



On Saturday, Devon's Aunt Yvonne had an Easter dinner at her house - with an egg hunt for the little kids! It was even dry enough to have it outside! The twins had fun- and found lots of eggs! Cayden was especially excited about the eggs that had pennies!

Since we already had a bunch of candy before the Easter bunny had even come to our house - the Easter bunny decided to bring new art supplies to the twins! They love to color and write - so we threw out all the broken and dried out crayons and markers - and all the well used and loved coloring books - for new ones! We also found some cute matching Easter outfits for the kids! Cayden was so excited to have something to match Barrett! He has been wanting a matching shirt with his brother for a long time! Hadley was excited about her dress because she could "twirl" in it! Barrett was exited about the cute socks that match his sweater vest that his Aunt Casie bought him! (really it was me that was excited - thanks Case!)

I think the best part was hearing the twins talk about Jesus being resurrected. I am glad that they know why we celebrate Easter! All the eggs and new clothes are fun - but the true reason to celebrate is the life and gift of our Savior.

6 friends wanted to say...:

Case said...

I am glad Barrett liked the socks :) Now that I see these super cute pictures, I wish I would have gotten that sweater vest for Brock instead of the one I got!! It is so cute on Barrett!!
Oh, and I am so proud - I filled my new 52 oz mug with water today instead of soda!!!

Beth said...

I love the vests. The kids look absolutely adorable! And a dress that twirls properly is a must.

Heather K said...

Your kids look so cute in their new Easter clothes. I love that Easter clothes means spring is here! I also like that you had your kids match, I did that with my kids too, as much as I could. Anyway, happy spring!

On Our List said...

Your kids are so adorable!!! Hadley looks beautiful in her Easter dress and it is a must to have a dress that twirls so one can feel like a true princess. I love that all the kids match. The boys remind me of their dad and how he always wore sweater vest in college. Thanks for posting the pictures...your kids are beautiful!!!

Love ya,
Sharon

ps. I love your layout too!!! Where did you get it? Also I am still wondering what hillbilly nachos are? Do you think I could make this comment any longer?

Laurie said...

So cute to have the kids in matching outfits. You were smart with the Easter baskets. Next year I'm not doing candy in the baskets - there are just too many hunts to get candy from.

AMY MICHELLE said...

What a darling family! Love the Easter outfits!