Sunday, March 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Cayden and Hadley!!!





The twins turned 5 on Saturday!! I cannot believe that they are five years old! It seems crazy that they are so big! We had a fun weekend. We decided to start a new tradition in our family of celebrating "birthday eve" - so the party started on Friday night. The twins really wanted to have pizza and a movie night to celebrate their last day of being 4. We went to Pizza Inn and then went home to watch a movie. Cayden really wanted a cookie monster as his birthday eve treat. (a chocolate chip cookie with an ice cream sundae on top) So, I made cookies and then we put 4 candles in each of the cookie monsters and said goodbye to being 4! It was a fun night!
Then the real celebration began Saturday morning! I decorated the house to make it a little more festive for the twins! They were excited to wake up to balloons and streamers! They played with the balloons all morning. All that Hadley wanted for her birthday was to get her ears pierced and a pedicure. She cracks me up. So, she and I went to the nail salon - where she became the center of attention. All the ladies wanted to talk to her about her birthday and she was loving it! The girls doing her pedicure wanted to paint her fingers to match - then they added flowers and little beads to her thumbs and big toes! She loved every minute of it.
While we were at the nail salon - Cayden and Devon went golfing (we were so lucky to have such beautiful weather). Cayden got a new golf club and was very excited to get to test it out with his dad.
After nails and golfing, we went to the mall to get Had's ears pierced. I kept telling her that it was going to hurt and I thought she would change her mind - but she was so tough! She did not even cry! The lady piercing her ears had to remind her to breathe in between ears - but it went great! She loves having her ears pierced and cannot wait to be able to change out the studs for "sparkly ones."
After all this excitement, we came home and had cake and ice cream with Grammy and Granddad - and opened a few more presents! It was quite the weekend! We had fun - but I was totally worn out by Saturday night! Good thing their birthday only comes once a year! I did a slide show of more birthday pictures - so you can see all the fun for yourselves!

6 friends wanted to say...:

Schmid Family said...

Wow, Brooke I can't believe the twins are 5. Crazy! They are sooo cute though. I love that Cayden has on his Buckeye jersey to play golf. Hadley is adorable and sounds like she is a girly girl. I hope they had a great birthday. Miss ya and love ya.

Amy

Case said...

I wish we could have been there!! Sounds like they had an awesome birthday. And I love the cakes, I want to know where you got the pans!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday twins! Good job Hadley on being so brave and strong with the ear piercing.

On Our List said...

Awesome!!!! Will you come do my kids birthday parties too? J/K Cayden and Hadley are so cute!!!! I love the idea of going to get a pedicure...I might have to take Erika for her 5th birthday to the spa.

Love ya,
Sharon

P.S. Just like Casie...I want to know, where did you get those cake pans? I love them!!!

Kortney Manning said...

Wow! Really...five years old? I SERIOUSLY can't believe this! Looks like it was lots of fun :)

Laurie said...

They are darling! Way to do their birthdays up special. Golfing, pedicures...you know how to do it up right.

We've got a 5th bday coming up next month. Hard to believe. Seems like they were just 2!