Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A really long post...

So - it has been three weeks since my last post - but it doesn't feel like it has been that long... I was downloading pictures from my camera to my computer and there where over 100 - so I guess we have been doing some stuff - here is my brief (I'll try) summary of the last few weeks!


The twins had "jumpstart kindergarten" during the month of June - they loved it! They had "safety town" which I think is about being safe ... but who knows :) ! At the end there was a graduation - which if you read my blog you might remember how great preschool graduation went for Had - but she did great - she was really proud of herself for running up and getting her diploma!


We have been spending all of our free time in the pool! I am so glad that my kids love to swim - because I love it! Barrett is doing so great in the pool. He will float around for about an hour before he needs more attention. Then he takes a good nap so we can keep swimming. We are so lucky that Grammy and Granddad let us swim whenever we want to!

We had a really fun 4th of July. Both of Devon's sisters (and their families) were here for the weekend. It is so fun to see them and hang out! Devon's mom had her traditional 4th of July breakfast - complete with her delicious biscuits and gravy! We had a "Jarvis Family Eye Center float" in the Willard parade (4th year in a row!)- we went with a Hawaiian theme this year - and threw out mini beach balls! They were a big hit! We let the kids throw out candy as usual - which I later found out was actually outlawed in this year's parade - but no one said anything to us about it - and what kind of parade doesn't let you throw out candy?!? We had a fun time on the float and the weather was beautiful!

After the parade we headed back to Grammy and Granddad's. Grammy spent all afternoon filling water balloons for the kids - we played water balloon toss - and then the kids had a boys vs. girls water balloon fight! Devon, Brandon, and Miah were hilarious with the fireworks show! I think they had even more fun lighting them than we all had watching the show! We also let the kids do sparklers - a first for the twins - Hadley played with one - then she was done - but Cayden was brave and even did two at a time! It was a really fun day!

5 friends wanted to say...:

Kortney Manning said...

Fun! I loved the float, and I was VERY glad we didn't have to do one this year! Barrett is sooooo cute! He's getting so big, I can't believe it. I am in St. George for the week, so I'll call you so we can catch up!

On Our List said...

What a fun fourth!!! I love the pictures especially Cayden with the sparklers. I am with you on candy and parades. The reason we don't go to the parades around here is because they stop throwing candy at them a couple of years ago. LAME!!!

Your kids are beautiful and you are so lucky you have a pool so close by...my kids are jealous b/c they never get to go to what they call the "real pool" because its just too expensive. My poor deprived children!!!

Mamma Martin said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date!! I love seeing your kids and what you are doing! they are precious!!
Aunt Tonna

Schmid Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Barrett is too cute, looks like he's got a tooth. Chas has the same lifeguard T-shirt Cayden does, too funny (no it's not the same size hahaha). Miss and love ya.

Chantz H. Davis said...

It's about time you updated:)! I check several times a day you know! Looks like your 4th was a blast! Can't go wrong with sparklers and water balloons! Loved the float! So cute and fun for everyone!
Aunt Lena