Monday, July 21, 2008

Key Lime Pie

It is my favorite time of the summer in Springfield! For the month of July (and July only) the Andy's Frozen Custard has the mix-in of Key Lime Pie! They blend an entire piece of key lime pie - crust and all - into vanilla custard - and you get a delicious treat! It's one of those things that I think I could actually eat everyday the entire month of July...but I am showing pretty good restraint so far! We'll see how the last few days of the month go - I may feel that I need to eat it more often since it will be gone for another year! So - if you are ever in Springfield during the month of July - you too can enjoy the best treat in the world!

3 friends wanted to say...:

Heather K said...

There isn't anything better than eating your favorite ice cream during the summer. And when it's only around for one month, you gotta get all you can! If we ever pass through Springfield, we will make sure it's in July.

Kortney Manning said...

Yum! Sign me up! Here we have Bahama Bucks which are snow cones, only better, times a million! It is almost like ice cream it is so smooth. But, lucky for me, it is a chain and open year round. I always get strawberry-colada. Greg gets lime, because he is boring, and Reese gets banana, because it is yellow and anything yellow is her favorite right now. We will take you there when you come to visit...hint hint!!! :)

AMY MICHELLE said...

I think Missouri must be the custard state. I have heard of so many yummy custard places there. Key LIme Pie custard sounds soooo good! Lemon custard has always been my favorite, but it is hard to find. I would be in trouble if I had an Andy's by us.