Wednesday, July 23, 2008

For Hadley...

We love to go to the Springfield Cardinals games! For three summers Hadley has been terrified by the mascots. She literally shakes and hides when she sees them - even if they are three sections away from our seats! We have talked to her about the mascots being people with costumes on - and all other forms of reasoning with her. But - every game without fail she loses it when she sees the bird or the dog! (Cayden loves to give them five and runs to find them at the games.)

So - tonight was a monumental night in her life... she came back from getting a drink and going for a walk with Devon and Cayden and she showed me pictures on Devon's phone of her with Louie (the bird) and with Fetch (the dog). She was super excited for me to look at how brave she was!

Then it got even better! Fetch came walking down the aisle right next to our seats - and she was literally jumping over seats and people to get out to the aisle next to Fetch - she was hugging him and talking to him - then she let him pick her up while we took pictures!

hugging Fetch

letting Fetch pick her up!!
So this one is for Hadley - my super brave little girl! I love you!

6 friends wanted to say...:

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Oh I think that's awesome! Haha, I have a niece on Collin's side that is 10 and still won't go near a Disney character! I'm proud of Hadley for overcoming! Way to go!

Jen said...

Way to go Had!!! I'm so proud of you!!

Jen said...

Oops, that was Casie, and this is Casie...I forgot I am on Jen's computer. But I'm sure she is proud too :)

AMY MICHELLE said...

I don't know what it is about dressed up adults but my kids LOVE them. I can see how scary it would be to see a HUGE dog and be a little scared. Way to go Hadley!

Chantz H. Davis said...

Such a cute story. Little kids are so funny about what scares them and then what doesn't scare them but probably should! Also, I might have to drive out to try the key lime treat! Sounds delish! Your kids are so adorable! I wish we could see you guys in person more often!

becca said...

She is so cute! I don't blame kids for being afraid of mascots..when you think about it they are a little scary!! That last picture is so sweet!