Friday, July 25, 2008

Rodeo...

Tonight our ward had a rodeo to celebrate the 24th of July (yes - I know that it is the 25th). I can honestly say that it was my first rodeo - and it was lots of fun! So - here are some pics from the fun!


The sack race - I loved that the twins raced right next to each other - I think Cayden could have passed Had at any time - but he stayed behind her!


The tug of war...can you find Devon and Granddad??


Cayden was loving the horses and games in the arena

So - remember this is my first rodeo - I don't know the names of everything, but...they had a contest where three guys got on each horse, rode around 3 barrels, and got something from each barrel to bring to the finish - Devon's teams horse did not want three riders - this is a picture with all 3 on - but it did not last! I am pretty sure that all three guys are going to be sore tomorrow from being bucked off the horse 3 or 4 times!

Barrett with Granddad - watching Devon get thrown off the horse - over and over...

Is there anything better than watermelon?!?

Cayden and Hadley - loved the horses - they probably would have stayed all night petting the horses!

4 friends wanted to say...:

On Our List said...

You claim Texas as your home and you have never been to a rodeo???? Whats up with that. Plus being married to MR. 8 seconds, I would have thought he would have taken you to a rodeo sooner than now.

I would have paid money to see Dev get buck off. That would be hilarious.

Unknown said...

You know, I've been to the rodeo a few times. (All in California, mind you.) I don't remember EVER seeing the 3 guys get on a horse event. I haven't ever seen it on ESPN either, for that matter. I think your ward might be making up events . . .

The pictures were fun, all we had was a barbecue for the 24th. I'll have to suggest a rodeo for next year's festivities.

Kristy

Laurie said...

I haven't been to a rodeo either. I should put it on my things to do list. Total entertainment. Our kids seem to get to do all the fun things we didn't do as kids. Glad about that though. Hope you are havin a great week! xo

Nancy Sabina said...

Hi Brooke! Thanks for finding me on Facebook. How fun to see where you and your adorable little family are now.
We just took my oldest - 4 years old - to a rodeo when we were in Texas and she loved it. She loves the "Princesses" that ride the horses.