Saturday, February 9, 2008

Grandpa's Hat



I was so excited to get pictures of all my kids wearing Grandpa Sherwood's cowboy hat! Grandpa is the ultimate cowboy! Cayden was especially excited to get to wear a real cowboy hat. The one that he has is now not good enough - he says it's just a "dress -up" cowboy hat - not a real cowboy hat. I was glad that grandpa told Cayden that real cowboys do not wear boots to church. Some of the little boys in his primary class get to wear boots to church - and he wants to wear his cowboy boots to church also -which I am not a fan of. So - coming from Grandpa I think he is ok with it now. I guess we'll see. See what happens when you move to a small country town - your kids want to wear cowboy boots to church.

7 friends wanted to say...:

Chantz H. Davis said...

Brooke, I got on and loved your pictures. We went through the boot thing too. I had to take Chantz to gpa's one sunday morning to have the boot talk. But it worked! Good luck! Your kids are adorable and so darn smart!
Aunt Lena

Markee said...

Hi Brooke, thanks for the sweet comment! I'm so glad you have a blog how fun!!!! keep in touch i will peek at your blog, your kids are adorable!!

Kates said...

Hi Brooke, it's Katie, just wanted to give a shout out to Barret, he shares my birthday! GO DECEMBER 6th. I can't believe how big the twins are! Hope you guys are great!

Kortney Manning said...

I guess I may have lived in Hooper too long, because I didn't really see a problem with cowboy boots at church!!! :)

melimba said...

get out of town. is this really the REAL brooke and devin???

i don't even know what to do with myself. I am shocked. And your kids??? what?! they are so grown up??

this is me, dying.
wow! LONG TIME NO SEE, eh???!!!
(this is melissa, em's sistah!) i love blogging. let's be bloggin' friends!

lots of love,
melis
www.melis-aaron-life.blogspot.com

Heather K said...

I love that they are all in Grandpa's hat! Also, do you have any ideas I could use for girls camp?

becca said...

Brooke!!!

I just clicked on your name from Laurie's blog, I hope you don't mind! Your kids are BEAUTIFUL!! I have been blogging for a couple years now and I have to say it is the BEST journal ever. I will send you an invite to my blog so you can see what we have been up to!

Love, Becca