Monday, February 18, 2008

Branson

We took a mini family vacation last week to Branson. There was a doctor there that needed a fill-in because his wife had a baby - so Devon worked and we partied.

We stayed in a three bedroom condo and the twins were excited to stay in different bedrooms. They each wanted to have their own bed and their own room.
After getting tucked in (several times) Hadley finally fessed up that she really didn't want to be in a room by herself. I guess they have been sharing for so long that it wasn't as fun as she thought it would be to have her own room. So - we moved her into the other bed in Cayden's room! He was NOT happy about it. It was kind of opposite of what normally happens with them. I would have guessed that it would have happened the other way around. But - they are always surprising me!

One of the most exciting parts of the trip for the twins was getting to eat mini cereals! We had a kitchen - I took them shopping for things to eat for breakfast and lunch. They could not agree on a cereal - so I showed them the mini cereal boxes and you would have thought it was Christmas morning! They could not wait to pick and eat the cereal for breakfast! I had to hide them for a couple of days at our house before the trip! Now I have a new treat to buy them! It's always nice to find new things that excite them - or that I can use as leverage!
The very best part - (besides the cereal) was swimming in the pool! It has been a cold and icy winter! The twins have missed several days of school because of ice storms! So - swimming was great! The pool was empty both times that we went - they had the whole thing to themselves! (Which is actually how they are used to swimming - since we swim all summer at Grammy's!)
The whole trip was a great break from the dreariness of winter! I know that I have three kids and we have been married for almost nine years - but sometimes things like this make me feel like a grown -up! It probably sounds dumb, but it is something that I would do with my mom and dad - so when I am the mom on a trip it is funny to me!


8 friends wanted to say...:

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Brooke! I'm so glad you took a peek at our blog! I can't believe how big your twins are!! THEY ARE HUGE! The last memory I have of them was at the Mannings and we were watching general conference and I can't remember who, but one of them had the stomach flu!!!:) It looks like everything is going well for you guys and I can't believe you have another baby too!! SO CUTE! Your family is beautiful and I can't wait to check in every now and then to see what you guys are up to! Thanks for leaving a comment! Barret is so cute too!

Heather K said...

I know exactly what you mean about feeling so grown up when you take your own family on a vacation, Scott and I say that every time we go somewhere with our kids. Your kids are so cute about wanting or not wanting their own rooms. I miss those funny little twins!

Markee said...

Looks like so much fun!! The twins are soo big!!

becca said...

I just read your love tag post and I TOTALLY remember the night you came and woke me up to tell me Devon kissed you!! Such fun memories in the little blue house!

Your kids are so cute! My girls would give anything to go swimming right now, very fun vacation!

Chantz H. Davis said...

I love catching up on you, Devon and the kids. Looks like they had a ball. Swimming in the winter has to be the best ever! Go Twins!
Aunt Lena

emily snyder said...

love it!
but i am still waiting for pictures of YOU!!!!

Kortney Manning said...

When we went to Sho Lo the other weekend, it totally reminded me of weekend trips to Cincinnati! I miss those days :( It is weird to be the next generation of "grown-ups", although I don't think our husbands have gotten the memo that we ARE the grown-ups now!!:) Hee Hee, just kidding, boys...we love ya! See ya soon...right?

Anonymous said...

it's ok mum if he doesn't want to share with Hadley she can sleep in my bed, won't get much sleep though mycock was made for tight little girlspussy I am going to make her beg