Tuesday, September 16, 2008

girls weekend - and my new computer...

I am so excited to have my new laptop! Devon got it for me! It is green and super cute - it matches my kitchen! Now I can blog all the time - and not have to wait for Devon to bring home his laptop!

This weekend I went to St. Louis with Devon's mom and his sisters for a girls weekend! It was great! We headed up on Thursday morning and stayed until Saturday night! Jen flew in from Utah and we had a blast!
We shopped, ate out at fun restaurants, and stayed up late - laughing and crying - mostly joyful tears! We also went to Time Out for Women - which was great! It was so fun just to be together! I love them all so much - it was great to have a few days to refill our spirits! Here are some pics of all of us together! (Barrett and Brock came along for the fun also!)




The other great part of the weekend was running into my long lost friend - Jill! She and I worked efy together long ago... she lives about two hours away now - so hopefully we can see each other more often! It was so fun to see her! She is such a great person!

9 friends wanted to say...:

Jill said...

You are SO DANG CUTE and I'm so glad we ran into each other. We'll for sure have to meet up sometime soon.
I LOVE Chick-fil-A and I hear there is one in Springfield...so here I come!!

On Our List said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
On Our List said...

What a fun girls weekend!!! We should do that and have a Squire 6 reunion. We could stay up all night playing Rook and eating Chocolate/Butterscotch Chip Cookies. YUM. I think I might go make some of those cookies right now.

BTW, in all your pictures you look like a 18 year old runway model!!! No fair that you and your kids are so GORGEOUS. You need to sell your beauty secrets in a bottle at department stores for all the rest of us "average" people to buy. You would make millions and the rest of us could try to look as good as you. :)

Chantz H. Davis said...

I am so jealous that you girls got to do that. Maybe next year ALL of us can meet somewhere! Glad you had a good time.
p.s. love your laptop!!!

Laurie said...

Congrats on your new laptop!! Mine is my best friend. Okay, not quite!

It's neat that you are close to your sister in laws like that. Sounds like a blast.

I can't get over how cute your family picture at the blog head is!

I hope your birthday was wonderful. 30 years.....I still can't believe it.

Jen said...

Hey! I want to see pictures of your kitchen!!

I had so much fun with you guys last weekend. It just went by too fast! I miss you a ton already but am SOOOOO excited for next year!!!

Love you!

Jen said...

Will you email me the picture of all of us at CPK? Thanks!

becca said...

Fun girls weekend! I love that (I am having one with my sisters and mom in a few weeks and I am so excited! ya!)

I really want a laptop and have been trying to convince Brandon, but he thinks it will probably just make me spend more time on the computer than I already do!...and he is probably right :)

Guess who I saw last night?! THIRD EYE BLIND! They were performing at a local event and being there, hearing them play made me think of you and that fun concert we went to in SLC a million years ago!! Ah the memories it brought back! HOpe you are doing great...I wish we lived closer so that we could get together and catch up! oh well...the blogs will have to do ...miss you nad love you!

Case said...

you put the pictures up that i left off my blog because i looked chubby!! how rude!!