Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Barrett is standing!!

I have been very neglectful of Barrett's newest accomplishments in my blogging lately! But...he has started (in the last week or so) standing on his own! It is so funny because he gets so proud of himself. He also doesn't fall very often - because he starts doing squats until he is low enough to just sit! I got this funny video of him today -

He loves my wooden spoon right now - and carries it with him all the time. He is also cutting his top 4 teeth - so he has 6 teeth now! He is almost 10 months old - and I can't believe how fast time continues to fly by- he adds such joy to our home and family!

11 friends wanted to say...:

Marie said...

Did my non-crawling post prompt you to blog about Barrett's wonderful achievement? I saw him Sunday when Devon was showing him off in the foyer (while making fun of Walter) and he is so cute! I can't believe he is standing so well already. And the squats are amazing...:)

At the end of the video it sounds like Barrett is actually saying "see ya later" even though it's probably Cayden....unless he's talking young also?

On Our List said...

That was adorable. Thanks for posting. He is gorgeous.

I agree. It sounds like Barrett already knows how to talk at the end of the video. It must be a Phillips trait to talk early.

Love ya!!!

Devon and Brooke said...

sadly ...it is not Barrett talking - it is Hadley - he is only saying 'dad' and 'bob' :)

becca said...

He is so cute Brooke! So cute! Why does time have to go by so fast!? It's killing me! Brody just turned 8 months....seriously, where is the time going!!

And I don't know if I ever told you this...but I LOVE LOVE the name Barrett. It was one of my top names for Brody (It is also my grandma's maiden name...which made it even more special). I don't think you read my blog back when we were deciding on names but Brandon had A LOT of criteria (the name had to be two syllabuls and start with a Br)...Barrett was close, but I just couldn't get Brandon away from teh Br...

Heidi said...

okay, Brooke, I just have to say that your kids are adorable! This video is priceless...it captures so much about his little personality. What a sweetheart...give him a big kiss from cousin Heidi. Thanks for sharing the cuteness :)

AMY MICHELLE said...

Brooke I always love seeing what Barrett is up too, knowing that before I know it Evan will be there. Barrett is such a little doll! I had no idea boys would be so fun!

Schmid Family said...

Barret is adorable. I can't believe he is standing already. Chas will stand on his own and walk around the furniture. But he is such a wuse when we try to get him to take a step on his own. He just gets mad and sits down then crawls away. I love seeing what you gus are up to. Love you!!!

Laurie said...

How is he already 10 months old? When you started blogging he was Evan's size. It goes to show how quick this year is going to go. Make it stop! Slow it down! He is so cute!!

Kortney Manning said...

first-a definite shout out to the lysol wipes. My new FAVE! Thanks for the tip. Second- what a sweet boy :) He is so dang cute. Not that I expected you to make an ugly baby, or anything, but he is extra cute!! The video is great. You need to train me on the whole video post thing. I am clueless!

Michelle said...

BROOKE!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss the Jarvis Family! Andrew forwarded me your blog address today after emailing Devon. Your family is the most adorable family I have EVER seen. Seriously. I have showed a few friends today your blog and they all say the same thing. Andrew and I both cannot believe how big the twins are. Didn't you just have them yesterday? I'm so glad to see/hear that everything is going well for your family. Wish we could hang out and have a game night. Miss you!

Nicole said...

I can't believe he's standing. Doesn't it make him look so much older??? Better watch out!