Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Super Tiger

Today was the first SUPER TIGER assembly at the twins' school. They have one every month to recognize different accomplishments in the school during the month! They give all kinds of awards and get to cheer for each other. And...the whole school wears matching shirts.
(I know ...it is all very exciting!)
The twins were very excited - to the point where Cayden could literally not sleep last night - he woke up every hour to ask me if it was time for school!
Each of the "specials" (P.E., music, art, computers, etc.) gave an award to the best class of the month - Hadley's class won 3 of those- and since she was the helper of the day - she got to go up in front of the whole school and get the award for her class. She thought that was awesome!
Here she is getting one - sorry the pictures are a little fuzzy - I was at the back of the auditorium.
Each teacher gets to give 4 awards for the class. One for academics, one for most improvement, one for teamwork, and one more - that I cannot for the life of me remember...maybe character?!? They call it "getting a paw" (because we are tigers...)
Cayden and Hadley both received the academic paw from their teachers. I am so proud of the twins for being two of the only readers in their kindergarten classes! Hadley's teacher has her read to some of the other kids in her class - which - as you can imagine - she loves to do!
Here they are standing up when the principal asked all the students who received academic paws to stand up!
(Their teachers were nice and let them stand together!)

This is the wall where they get to post their paw!

Here is Cayden's paw... Here is Hadley's paw...
It was fun to see them having so much fun during the assembly! They were both rocking out doing the tiger cheers that they learned! I am so glad that they both are doing so great at school and that they love going everyday! I miss having them at home - but it is easier knowing that they are having such a great time! (and, I am not going to lie... it is fun to get some things done while they are gone everyday!)

Way to go my Super Tigers - I love you both!

5 friends wanted to say...:

Schmid Family said...

I still can't believe the twins are in Kindergarten. They are getting so big. But still adorable as ever and smart too. I miss you guys. Love ya!

Chantz H. Davis said...

Way to go Cad and Had! You get your smarts from the sherwood side - no matter what your parents tell you! Brooke, they are so cute and isn't it nice when they love school and do well! that's because they have a good mom!

becca said...

They are so cute Brooke! Isn't it nice when they love school?...sure makes it a lot easier to let them go everyday!

What a great school...I love that they all wear matching shirts...very cute!

Case said...

good job guys!! i'm totally impressed!

Lawana said...

I can't believe you have TWINS! People keep teasing me about having twins (not actually pregnant) cause they run in my family. They are totally cursing me... I'll totally be turning to you for advice!!! Loves-Shannon