Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Had's Dance Recital

Well - I know that it has been forever since my last post...but I do not know where April went - and I cannot believe that we are already 7 days into May. Anyway - it is good to be back!!!
Last night was Hadley's dance recital! It was great fun! This was her first recital to do ballet and tap! She was excited to get to dance in two songs instead of just one! She did great! I think the most exciting part for her was getting her first trophy! The first two years you only get a ribbon and a medal - so year three is trophy year - and she was super pumped!
Cayden is a good sport about dance! The class is every Tuesday for 1 hour and parents are supposed to stay - so Cayden gets to go to dance every week too! It is definitely not his favorite hour of the week! But - he cheered on Had during the recital last night!

For the tap dance - the girls danced around lollipops and sang about planting a lollipop tree in their back yards - first year tapping is "really great!" Luckily, we have wood floors and the taps on her shoes would ruin the floors - so no practicing at home! :)

This is Had with her dance teacher! Miss Patrice is the greatest! She is so patient and Had loves her!

Well - here is a brief catch-up on what's been going on - since I have neglected my blog ...

The twins had their kindergarten screenings last week - everything went great! They had fun touring the school and meeting some of the teachers. The principal wanted to talk to me and so she handed the twins some books to "look at" while we talked. After a few minutes she realized that the twins were actually reading the books she gave them - and it cracked her up - she said she thought they were going to be just fine entering kindergarten. The main thing she wanted to talk about was her "twin policy" - they are always placed in different classes - I am fine with it - I can see goods and bads to both situations - so I said whatever the school's policy was - that was what we were going to do. I think it will be weird at first for them - but they will adjust!

Barrett had his four month check up and shots (at the beginning of April) - and he just keeps on growing! He is 18 lbs and 28 inches long! They said he is average for a 9 month old! His weight is in the 90th percentile and his height is still off the charts! He keeps getting more and more fun! He loves to laugh - especially at the twins! They try everything to get him to crack up!

10 friends wanted to say...:

Case said...

I'm so excited to see all of you! Especially to see Barrett and Brock together again. Although I think I am going to feel like Brock is starving again. But I swear he is growing. Anyway, he looks like such a big kid! See you next week!!!

Rylee said...

Brooke, It's about time you updated girl! I check your blog every day and NOTHING! This morning I was pleasantly surprised. Your kids are darling as always. You are such a good, nice, sweet mom. Good job!
Aunt Lena

Kortney Manning said...

Barrett looks like Had used to. He is only 6 lbs lighter than Truman! (Trum is only in the 15% for his weight) I love chubby babies! Had and Cayden are getting so old. Last night I had a dream that we were all together on vacation. Is that the best dream or what?! Glad you're back in the blog world...talk to you soon!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Kindergarten already!!! I can't believe it! She is so dange cute in her dance outfit! How fun to see her doing tap and ballet! I also can't believe Barret is in the 90th precentile!!! Luke is barely in the 40th! I would love it! I wish I could see the twins with him! I also laugh in sacrament watching older sibling playing with their baby brother or sister! LOVE IT!

AMY MICHELLE said...

Is Barrett looking more and more like Devon or is it just the picture... Such a cute, happy little guy! I love when they start laughing and interacting with everyone. Wow, and you are going to have kids in kindergarten, the start of 13 years of fun. I have loved being involved with Kayla's class.

Steven & Adrienne said...

Cute pics of the kids! And I love seeing my daughter do dance also, I wish they gave trophies here! And wow Barrett is a big boy...I thought my Tyson was huge until I saw pics of your little guy!

-Adrienne (Sharon's sister)

On Our List said...

What a nice suprise this morning to find out that you updated your blog. All I can say is, "ITS ABOUT TIME!!!" J/K
Your kids are so cute. You are going to be glad that the twins are in different classes...in all my 4 years of teaching it was so much better when twins were in different classes...there is too many reasons to list here but be grateful for the "twin policy". Also I am so jealous they get to go to kindergarten this year...erika misses the deadline by 16 days so she has a whole year to wait and by then I know she will be so far ahead of the other kids that we are going to have some serious issues. Oh well, such is life. It was good to catch up on your family.

Love,
Sharon

P.S. There is a 50 % chance we will be in Kansas City and St. Louis this summer...maybe I will have to swing by for a couple of hours to say hello. :)

Unknown said...

I'm an intermittent poster too, so don't feel too bad about it. :) It's fun to see updates on your kids. Isn't it weird and wonderful to be a mom?

Kristy

Schmid Family said...

Brooke your kids are too cute. I love that Cayden is so patient with Hadley's dance, so cute. Barrett is handsome as can be. He is as tall as Chas at his 6 month exam and Chas weighed 18 lbs. at 4 months as well. I love big babies. Miss you guys.
Love ya,
Amy S.

Laurie said...

Brooke,

Looks like we're all glad to see you posting! Keep it up girl.

28 inches at 4 months! That is crazy tall. You've got a basketball player for sure.

Hadley and her pigtails are darling. I won't even go into how fun it would be to have a daughter in dance.

The twin policy is interesting - never heard of that before (not that I would have), but I'm sure they know exactly what they are doing. You are smart to go with the flow. Can't believe we are almost done with preschool and then on to Kinder!

Love you 2!