Friday, May 23, 2008

Preschool Graduation

Last night was preschool graduation for the twins!
It was kind of a crazy night. Hadley decides to be scared or shy or whatever the right word is at the weirdest times! She has no problem dancing in front of a ton of people at her dance recital - but last night she completely freaked out! She was so excited all day for graduation - it was all she could talk about - then we get there and when they call for all the kids to line up - she burst into tears and wanted nothing to do with it. So- Devon and I took turns trying to convince her that she would be sad to miss the whole program. She refused to sing any of the songs - but she finally did go up on stage (only with Cayden) to get her diploma - and of course had a great big smile on her face! Who knows??
Cayden sang all the songs and did a great job! He led all of the students onto the stage for the songs! He wanted to watch the video when we got home - then Had was sad because she wasn't in the video! Devon did record her crying and throwing a fit - so she could remember her graduation night - isn't he nice?!?!

Getting their diplomas
(I was really proud of Hadley after all the drama - puffy face and all - she still put a smile on for the camera!)

The twins had the greatest preschool teacher ever! Mrs. Elliott was their teacher for both years and the twins loved her! They are going to really miss her!

After the ceremony - I can't believe how big they are!

7 friends wanted to say...:

On Our List said...

They look so cute with the hats. Hadley remindms me of Erika. It must be a girl thing.

...I remember Craig now. I guess I was thinking about dating not just going on a date. The funny thing was today at the store I heard the song, " That Thing You Do." and I cracked up in the checkout line and almost wet my pants. I got some really weird looks. I still have never watched that movie again and it was one of my favorites before that bizarre event. I actually am still a little bitter about the whole thing because I seriously don't know what the hell I was thinking and I wasn't that nice to Keith afterwards which I regret. I guess the only good thing that came from it is I can get a good laugh at it now. Man... I miss you guys....maybe you should come to Utah to visit so we could play Rook...I can't find anyone here to play it with me...there are some really lame people here but what do you expect from UTARDS.

Love ya!!!

On Our List said...

reminds me not remindms me... :)

Case said...

Before you know it there will be a picture just like that bottom one when they graduate high school! They are getting sooo big!
Countdown to Nauvoo!!!!!!!!

Laurie said...

So cute that the two of them get to do all these things together. I love the pink and blue caps. That last one really will be the darling picture to put next to their high school graduation picture someday. But let's try not to think about that yet!!

Enjoy your Memorial Day.

Chantz H. Davis said...

Wow Brooke, your twins are growing up so fast! The graduation hats are adorable! High school graduation will be here before you can blink!:( Life is way too fast!
Aunt Lena

Kortney Manning said...

This is so Reese. Why do we not live closer? They would be best friends. Reese is afraid of the dumbest things, and it comes on randomly. One time she is afraid, the next time she isn't. It's funny. (but in a REALLY frustrating way.) They are growing up. What a cute picture at the end. So Sweet! Love ya all

Maren and Kurt said...

They are so huge! I can't wait to see them again. I can't believe how big Barrett is in your family picture. He is going to make Kyle seem tiny. Love you!