Friday, June 13, 2008

Nauvoo - Day 3 (a week later)

I know that it took me a week to post the last day of our trip...but here it is! Finally!
We took the kids to the Wilford Woodruff house so they could see where he lived! They thought it was cool - and they were able to sign the book for all of Wilford Woodruff's family - they also told the sister missionary giving the tour that they had the same birthday as Wilford Woodruff.


We went to the Nauvoo brickyard and learned how they made all the bricks - then all the kids got their own brick - I think it was supposed to be one per family - but the Elder teaching about bricks couldn't resist the sweet faces of our kids...
After the brickyard - we saw the show Just Plain Anna Amanda - which was the best show! They pulled Cayden up on stage at the end of the show - he was a little shy - but did great! The kids met the actors from the show after and thought it was so fun! There were twins in the play - so I took a picture of Cayden and Had with the twins!


I thought this was a funny picture of Hadley and Kylie sandwiching Sydney - I can't tell if Sydney thinks it is funny or not...
Here is the whole group at Carthage Jail. It was great to be there together as a family! We had such a great time! Thanks to Grammy and Granddad for all the fun!
After Carthage, we headed home! We found a ferry crossing that would take us across the Mississippi River - it was fun!

3 friends wanted to say...:

Chantz H. Davis said...

Thanks for the update Brooke! I love Nauvoo and I love that the twins were born on Wilford's birthday! Looks like you guys had a ball. Again, I am jealous!

Case said...

i can't believe we missed out on the ferry! Dad always told me to carry cash :) maybe next time!! (i might have to spend next sat in St. Louis while miah is recruiting, want to come hang out?)

Laurie said...

I've never been to Nauvoo but now I think you've made me want to go. One of these days we'll get out there to the midwest to see where John served his mission. Hope you're enjoying your week/weekend! xo