Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Nauvoo - Day 1...

Devon's family is having a reunion in Nauvoo this week - so we are here! We drove up today - a 6ish hour drive from our house. (we did not actually make it in 6ish hours - we had to stop to feed Barrett and there are outlet malls along the way...)
When we got here - most everybody was already here - we did beat Carlyn's family - but they had a funeral to go to before they could come - so they have good reason to get here later! We were so excited to see everybody - especially Chad, Jen, and their girls. We haven't seen them since last summer- so it is great to be all together again! Hadley was really excited to see Kylie, Taylor, and Sydney - so was Cayden - but he is ready for Carlyn's boys to get here... I guess that Barrett and Brock (both 6 months old) weren't playing with him enough! :)
We got here in time to eat dinner and then go to the "Rendezvous" show tonight! They let all the little kids sit in the front rows for the show - which "seemed" really fun to Had until all the senior missionaries filled up the front singing and dancing - she did not like being that up close and personal - so Uncle Chad saved her and brought her back to the adult row!
Before the show - while we waited in line - I got a few cute pics of the cousins together! I will have lots more pics to post tomorrow when we have a full day to sight see!

2 friends wanted to say...:

Heather K said...

Oh, I LOVE Nauvoo! I wish we lived closer so we could go back easier! Maybe one day...

Enjoy your time there!

Chantz H. Davis said...

Brooke, you have to update everyday. I am so jealous that you get to have a reunion in Nauvoo. I want to live in Nauvoo, I want to be the Mayor of Nauvoo, I want to OWN Nauvoo. All the kids look like they are having a ball so you have to update EVERY DAY! I will be checking:)