Monday, December 1, 2008

tHaNkFuL...

So - I don't know if it even still counts to say that you are thankful for a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday - when it is two weeks past...but I feel like I haven't even had two minutes to update the blog!
We went to Dallas to spend the Thanksgiving break with my family! It was a blast! Two of my brothers and their families live in Dallas. My parents flew in from Florida and my little sister Maren and her family drove up from San Antonio! It was great to have so many of us together ...and really nice of Scott and Richard to host all of us!

Thanksgiving morning we drove downtown to run in the turkey trot! My mom and dad were so nice and walked with the twins and Barrett. Over 35,000 people participated in the trot! It was madness! Devon and I ran with Scott and Maren. When we reached the starting line - the race was already 30 minutes in! My parents were in the very back - since they were pushing a stroller - and I think the race was over an hour in when they passed the starting line!

It was fun to run through downtown! It brought back a few memories. When I was in high school - They Might Be Giants came and did a New Year's Eve concert - my dad, being the good sport that he is, took me and some friends to a club downtown to see them! We ran past the club during the 5k! The twins had fun walking with Grandma and Grandpa and their cousin Lydia. When we finished the race - we went back and met up with them. Cayden and Lydia really wanted to run - so Devon ran the last mile again with them! Cayden was so proud that he ran in the turkey trot! Hadley was content to walk - and even persuaded Grandma to rub her legs at each mile marker! Then she convinced Uncle Scott to carry her on his shoulders the last mile! Barrett pretty much slept through it all! (I know... he is such a hard baby!)

The rest of the break was very relaxing! We had a great time hanging out with everybody. My nephew, Jacob was baptized on Saturday - and it was great to be there for that!

I feel so grateful for all of the wonderful family that I have!

3 friends wanted to say...:

Carolyn said...

Your family is so cute! I did my first Turkey Trot this year. It was crazy with people and lots of fun.

Maren and Kurt said...

What great pictures! Those turned out good. I ran the 5K in San Antonio in 32:14. I think we should do one when we come. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I still have vivid memories of that New Years Eve concert. What a fun Thanksgiving...it makes me miss all the Phillips!