Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Barrett Gray Jarvis

Barrett turned one on Saturday! It seems so crazy that he has been in our family for an entire year! He is the sweetest little man! He is walking all over the place - and always has the biggest toothy smile!

We had family over on Sunday for cake and ice cream - and Barrett took full advantage of having his own chocolate cake to eat!
beginning

middle


end

I didn't pay attention to how much cake he really ate...but at least he had fun doing it!

I was thinking back on the last year - remembering all the fun things that have happened...it is crazy to think of all the huge milestones that happen in the first year of life. He started rolling over, sitting up, kneeling, crawling, standing up, walking, talking, eating real food, drinking from a cup, getting teeth...the list could go on and on. I just feel so lucky to be his mom and to have him in our family. He adds such a happy spirit to our home. I love you buddy!

Here is a look back at his first year!


6 friends wanted to say...:

AMY MICHELLE said...

Happy belated Birthday Barrett!!!!

Brooke, I can't believe how much babies change in one year! I love the slideshow... he is precious!
I love your blog background, it really cute.

Merry Christmas!

On Our List said...

He is gorgeous! Happy Birthday Barrett!

Brooke--you are becoming the running machine...good for you...you are an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Cute kid alert!!! I love the slideshow.

Kortney Manning said...

Happy Birthday Barrett! Sorry I missed the real day :) (Tell him I had just gotten back from Mexico and was a little tied up...) He is so dang cute! i can't wait to meet him in January :)

Heather K said...

One already? Time goes by so fast! He is such a cute little guy! It's so fun to see how much he looks like the twins did at that age!

Case said...

I'm finally looking at blogs! and i love love love his pictures! he such a happy baby! i'm so jealous right now because brock has been crying for 3 days straight and i need to see some smiles. i love his 1 year pictures though, they are awesome!!