Sunday, August 24, 2008

Nine Years!!

It is crazy to think that we have been married for NINE years today!

Here is a little remembering - (for my own personal history...)

Devon and I met the first day of spring classes at BYU in 1997. He had just moved back to BYU after his mission - I had just finished my freshman year and decided to stay for spring and take a couple of classes. We both moved into the same ward - our apartments were right around the corner from each other. (Alpine #13 and Squire #6) We became friends right away! We had lots of fun that spring - and he was pretty much my best friend - we stayed up talking lots of nights on the stairs outside of his apartment.
It took us a few years...but we both finally figured out that we had so much fun together that we didn't need to keep dating other people...we should probably just date each other. Since we were already best friends - it didn't take us too long to decide that we wanted to get married. We both were already committed to work efy in the summer of '99 - so we decided that we were going to wait and get married at the end of the summer! Devon finished working the Calgary session on Saturday - got to Dallas on Monday - and we were married on Tuesday, August 24, 1999 in the Dallas Temple!
It has been a great adventure! In nine years we have...
lived in 3 states - Utah, Ohio, and Missouri
finished lots of school - BYU (me and devon) and Ohio State (devon)
had 3 kids - Cayden, Hadley, and Barrett
bought our first home
opened our own practice
watched the twins start kindergarten
and many other things...
I think the best part for me is knowing that I still have so much fun with my best friend! I still get excited when he calls me from work, or when I know that he is on his way home, or when we get to go on a date! He is still the person I want to be with the most!
I feel so lucky to be married to him - I love the life that we have together!
I Love you Devon (crazy 8's) - Happy Anniversary!

10 friends wanted to say...:

Carolyn said...

Aaaaahhhhhh! Aren't you two super cute! Happy Anniversary! That post help me remember getting to know you guys during those first years of both our marriages. Remember Halloween?... Hmmmm, I think I have those pictures somewhere....

becca said...

First of all, you guys are so stinkin cute!! And you look EXACTLY THE SAME as I remember NINE years ago!! How is that possible?! How have I aged so much??

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! You guys are a great couple, I love you!

Case said...

Sorry I didn't talk to you yesterday!! but happy anniversary! i had a rough day with yw and kinda spaced everything else. But I am super happy that you married Dev...congrats on 9 years!!

Heather K said...

Happy Anniversary! It's so fun to look back at what has happened since you two have been married. You guys are great and I hope you have another great year! (actually, lots of great years...)

On Our List said...

Has it been 9 years??? Wow!!! Happy Anniversary. One of my favorite memories is when you told me that you liked Devon. I knew how much he liked you and knew how happy he would be that you finally liked him. I always knew you both should be together...you are absolutely perfect for each other...I'm glad you guys finally figured it out after all those months of being just friends. :)

We love you guys!!!

The Berridges said...

I can't believe it's been 9 years! Congratulations! Isn't it fun to remember the beginning! Brett and I have done alot of that lately. We had our 6th anniversary in July. Time does fly!

Beth said...

Congratulations on 9 years! I love the picture of you guys and the trip down memory lane. Very Fun!

Laurie said...

So much to catch up on! DIdn't know your parents live in FL. So fun! Barrett is DARLING!! Boys are so cute. All your kids are darling.

You guys look fantastic. Can you even believe we've all been married so long? It seems like just yesterday....although come to think of it, it seems like ages since I've seen you. It has been!! Miss you! xoxo

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Happ anniversary you two love birds!!! I hope you guys had a very enjoyable day! I love the pic! What good and beautiful things have come from your marriage!!!!

Lawana said...

Hey Lady!!! It's Shannon from good ol' BYU days. It's so great to find you guys. I got married almost a year and a half ago and I am lovin' it! Send me an email sometime (lawana475 (at) gmail.com) and then delete this post so the world doesn't have my email address. YEAH!!!
Loves--
Shans