Thursday, August 14, 2008

Florida

We have really been home from Florida for about a week now - but between a funeral and getting ready to start school - my blog has been neglected! We had such a great time in Florida visiting my mom and dad! They were so great to us! Devon stayed for about 5 days and the kids and I stayed for 10! It was so nice to relax and be with my family! Kristen and Ann were home so the twins and Barrett loved spending time with their fabulous aunts! I think I took about three thousand pictures while we were there - I am working on a slide show - but that will have to be in the next post!
The weather was so nice while we were there! The days that we went to Disney were so perfect - it rained a little each morning - which cooled off the rest of the day! The days at the beach were also really beautiful! It was a little cloudy which made playing in the sand even more fun - without the sun blaring down on us!
I asked the twins what their favorite parts of the trip were - here are some of the answers...
flying on the airplane
Disney, Disney, Disney
the BEACH
sleeping with Aunt Kristen's tiger
swimming in Grandma and Grandpa's pool
getting shark water guns at Grandpa's work
feeding the baby alligators
seeing the really big and old tree
watching grandpa lead the music in church
Grandma's homemade pizza
Grandpa's chocolate chip cookies and his Mickey Mouse pancakes
the list could go on and on
When we were leaving to come home - Hadley and Cayden were both in tears in the security line to say bye to everyone - I think I was too worried about getting three kids and our carry on luggage and the stroller all through the security line and making it to the plane with everybody - but it was definitely hard to leave!
Thanks mom and dad for such a great vacation! We love you lots and miss you already!

I did post some (ok lots) pictures of Disney and the beach in the next posts!

4 friends wanted to say...:

On Our List said...

What CUTE pictures. Our family loves the beach and Disney too...even though my kids are jealous you guys went to Disneyworld and they only get to go to Disneyland. Spencer said, "How come my grandparents don't live some place cool. They live in just Texas." He cracks me up.

On Our List said...

P.S. You are looking amazing!!! Isn't your big 30 coming up?

Chantz H. Davis said...

Brooke, The beach and Disney are my two favorite things in the world! I am jealous! It was so good to see (even for a bit) in Kansas City. Your kids are beautiful and SO WELL BEHAVED! Good parenting I would say! Glad you got to see your family! Nothing like going to moms!

becca said...

Wow! What a great vacation! The pictures are all so cute, you and Devon are very fun parents, I love that! Your kids are beautiful and I am so impressed that you managed such a long vacation with three young kids! SO FUN!