Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

Today was the first day of school! It is so crazy that the twins are old enough to be in kindergarten! They were both so excited! When we were putting them to bed last night - Cayden said he was tired but that he was probably too excited to get any sleep! They both did fall asleep and... we were all up and ready to go bright and early this morning. Cayden knew for a week or more what he wanted to wear to school for the first day... Hadley was a different story! She changed her mind everyday - sometimes lots of times in one day - but this morning she finally decided on her plaid shorts and her brown shirt! It was so fun to watch them get dressed and ready for the day!

I think that Cayden was most excited about his backpack - he didn't even want to take it off in the car. His teacher is Mrs. Peterson! She is great and Cayden loves her already. She showed the twins around the school during kindergarten screenings - so he knew her a little bit already -the best was that when we went to the school last night for meet the teacher - she came right up and said "hi Cayden" - it was a big deal to Cayden that she remembered him! He came home so happy and had such a great day!

Hadley started getting nervous about a week ago - she kept asking me what she was going to do when she missed me. I knew that when she got to school and was busy - she would probably not even think twice - but it started getting me a little bit anxious! Hadley clicked with her teacher right away - Mrs. Hambey - she gave Hadley a big hug when we walked through the door this morning! Hadley relaxed right away! She didn't even look up when I left the room!



I was still a little bit anxious when Devon and I left the school! I wasn't crying or anything - but I just wanted to know that the twins were going to have fun and be happy! I wanted to fast forward to 3:30 - and see them and know that everything had gone great! But.. I found a way to make it through the day with just Barrett - we ran errands, went to lunch, and did some shopping - (I really suffered through the day!)

The twins came out of school with smiles! They talked the whole way home about all the fun things! Then they were both ready to crash...I guess the excitement of the day wore them out! But - they can't wait to go back tomorrow!!

Here's what Barrett did during the first day of school...

10 friends wanted to say...:

Heather K said...

Kindergarten already? Where does the time go?

I think Cayden & Hadley are so funny about their clothes. They look so old, Cayden especially! How fun for you guys!

AMY MICHELLE said...

Brooke it is so exciting the the twins are in Kindergarten, though it is kinda sad that they are getting so big, I am sure you will love having some time alone with Barrett. I can't wait to show my girls the pictures of your Florida trip. The girls LOVE seeing pic's of disneyland. Looks like a great trip.

familia Bybaran said...

Hey Brooke,

I am so glad I found your blog. How have you been? It was so nice to hear from you from Facebook. I am sad you missed the reunion. Maybe next year. It looks like you have a growing family. You look amazing and your kids are beautiful. Keep in touch. I will link to your blog now so I can keep coming to catch up on you.

Mehrsa

The Berridges said...

Brooke, I can't believe the twins are in kindergarten. I'm glad you all had a good first day. It eases my mind a little thinking about Jefferson doing the same next year!

Case said...

how exciting!! i can still remember my first day of kindergarten...at least the part when we first got to school...the scene is painted in my memory! I even remember a kid named Dale crying and holding on to his mom. they will remember that forever...so i'm glad it was such a good day!!! too bad brock and i can't hang with you and barrett!!

Jill said...

Hi Brooke!!!! It's Jill and Landon Kirk here...my sister Shauna just sent me your blog link. It's so fun to see your adorable family and what you've been up to. I'll never forget doing our mini EFY together...it was so fun!!
I just saw you live in Missouri somewhere and am freaking out because I do too!! Where do you live???
It's so fun to see you again!! You can check out my blog quirkykirky.blogspot.com!

Jill said...

Hi!! It's me again. I've been doing some research and just saw where you live. We are about 2 hours from each other. I'm up in the Lake Ozark area, in Osage Beach. Do you ever come up to the Lake? It would be so fun to arrange sometime to meet in Branson or Springfield!!
Your kids are soooo cute :)
Talk to you soon!

Chantz H. Davis said...

I can't believe the twins are old enough to go to school. They will be graduating in a blink of the eye. Aunt Tina told me about the Cayden and the whole story with seeing Hadley, saying'hi' and walking off. So darn cute! But I have to admit that sending the first one(s) to school is the pits. Sounds like you handled it perfect. Love you guys!
Aunt Lena

On Our List said...

Your kids are SO CUTE. They are so beautiful. I love Barrett's outfit. Where did you get it?

Let me know what you are doing to fill up your time while the kids are gone to school. Here in Utah, they only do half day kindergarten so this is the first time I have has kids gone all day and I am dying. I seriously am bored out of my mind. Maybe I will finally get around to cleaning out all my pictures from college. I should send you some because there is a few of you and Dev when you first met and then after you started dating. Let me know if you would like them. :)

On Our List said...

P.S. Tell Devon I found Jen Slaugh's blog if he wants to check it out. She is seriously hilarious!!!