Thursday, June 11, 2009

OuR aRiZoNa VaCaTiOn!!!

It only took me 6 months...but I have finally returned to the blog! I do not even have a single good excuse for not posting the last few months...but I am back!

We had the best vacation last week! We loaded up the car and drove to Mesa, AZ! It was definitely worth the 20 hour drive to arrive at The Mannings!!! We haven't seen each other in three years - so it was so great to be reunited!
We saw Greg's office - and had our teeth cleaned and fixed... (only one of us had a cavity and it is not the author of this post...)
We swam and played games...
We shopped...
The boys golfed...
We also were able to see the Nielsons and the Schmids and it was great to catch up with lots of Ohio friends...
Mostly we just hung out and laughed!!! It was a total ...wait for it ... blast!
We had so much fun while we were there that we didn't take a single picture! (in Mesa)
On Thursday morning we headed north to Eagar and Springerville for the Sherwood (devon's mom's family) Family Reunion!
Chad and Jen and their girls came from Utah and it was so great to see them! Cousins are the greatest! The kids played and played and played!
The reunion was super fun! It was really great to see so many aunts, uncles, and cousins!
I did get some pictures at the reunion - and Greg and Kort came up to hang out with us too! Aunt Marla's family had so many fun activities. The kids especially loved the carnival on Saturday morning. There was even an obstacle course with an awesome rope walk. I was surprised to look over and see Hadley going across - with no fear! It was awesome! All the kids did it! I finally got brave enough to try... I went pretty slow and my hands were sweating the entire time - (I get my love of heights from my dad!) I was the most proud of Devon's mom - she did the entire obstacle course - and rocked it! Go Mom!!

Saying goodbye was the worst - after saying goodbye to the Mannings and Chad and Jen - Hadley told me she didn't want to say goodbye to anyone else! I was in total agreement with her!

We had such a great vacation! It was really fun to see so many people that we love! Thanks to everyone!

Here are some pictures from our trip! (I got some new photo software...can you tell...)









8 friends wanted to say...:

AMY MICHELLE said...

Brooke, I have missed you in the blogging world. Glad you are back! I am also glad to hear you got your trip to see Kort. Last time I talked to her she had mentioned you guys were trying to work out a time. Three years have gone by... time goes fast! Looks like your trip was a blast!
I thought of you guys while we drove through St. Louis. It is pretty crazy be here in Ohio, and to drive where we use to live and remember the old times.

Kortney Manning said...

Oh, my...what a fun week! (if I do say so myself!!) BTW, you guys look hot in those black shirts. Seriously...were you hot in those shirts? Devon looks like he's sweating. :) So....still miss you guys!

Chantz H. Davis said...

Finally a new post! I check every day - almost. So glad to get to see you guys! Your kids are precious!

Nicole said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great time! The best part of vacation for me is just being together as a family!

Mamma Martin said...

It was so fun to see all of you! Glad you were here!

Case said...

Now I'm even more jealous than before! I wish I could have gone! I like the photo software though! See you in a couple weeks!!

Kurt & Shawn said...

Beth and Doug said you were in town for a little visit. Sorry I didn't see you too. I would have loved it. Maybe next time. You guys look great and your family is looking quite wonderful. The best to you Devon, always. Sister Dehner loves you!!!!!

Nicole said...

Brooke, where are you?? I know you guys have been doing fun things!! Hopefully you'll post your Halloween pics!!! :-)